When Tom first designed the Ultra he knew it would appeal to riders who demand specific ride characteristics and dirt slaying only he could deliver- and that was in the 1980s! Good design withstands the test of time, and the latest iteration of the Ultra is a prime example.
Like its predecessor from 30 years prior, the new Ultra occupies a unique ride space from cross-country riders looking to get rowdy and go big to enduro riders lusting for some all-mountain shredding.
Designed around a 120mm travel fork and super stable Boost 148 spacing, most of the fun is in the wheels. Designed to accommodate 29” or 27.5” wheels, the Ultra is highly versatile. Throw on some 29s for some trail-smashing XC riding, or saddle up some 27.5+ for some serious no-holds-barred shredding.
The Ultra is a rough and rugged trail master that doesn’t know when to quit.
• Compatible with 27.5 x 2.8 and 29 x 2.4 tires
• Internal routing for a dropper post
• Boost 148x12 rear spacing
• Material: Ritchey Logic Tubing
• Optimized for 120mm suspension travel
• Sizes: S (15”), M (17”), L (19”), XL (21”)
• Ultra-light Forged and machined tapered head tube
• Integrated 1.5” tapered Drop-in Headset
• Fits up to 27.5”x2.8” or 29”x2.4” tires
• 148 x 12mm rear end with replaceable stainless steel derailleur hanger
• 30.9mm seat tube with stealth dropper routing
• Designed to accommodate 1X or 2X chainwheels
• Front derailleur clamp: 34.9mm
• Bottom Bracket: 68mm English
• Color: Sierra Slate, Blue or Red, white and blue "Team" fade
• Weight: 2570g (L/19”)
It can be said that Ritchey steel bike frames are as iconic as the European masters that came before. Truly contemporary classics, Ritchey bike frames are for discerning cyclists who want a timeless bicycle that is sure to be the subject of discussion at any club ride or local. From the forged, machined headtube to the force directional, location-specific butted tubing,
Ritchey bikes are more than classy steel frames. They're a logical choice when looking to build up your next dream bike.
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Dirt Works Australia users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.